According to the 2008 Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center survey 1/3 black women are overweight or obese. A variety of reasons are responsible for those statistics. They include but are not limited to socio ecomonic factors, cultural norms, diet, and the lack of regular exercise.
Are you guilty of neglecting your health because of your desire to keep a hair style? Here are 5 ways to wear your hair that will allow you to still be your unique self and stay fit.
1. GO NATURAL the one way to keep your hair from reverting back (change in hair texture) is to leave it the texture God intended it to be. Natural styles give you convience and takes less fuss than chemically treated hair does after the gym. Most styles last at least 2 weeks. They include but are not limited to coils, two-strand twist, braids, afros, and locs.
2. GET BRAIDED UP styles like cornrolls, micro-braids, and singles can give you so much flexiblity. You can use your natural hair or add extension to provide you with more stlye options. Remember to maintain the health of your natural hair by regular conditioning treatments and trims. Most styles last anywhere from 2-8 weeks.
3. PIN IT UP with the assistance of coated-tip bobbi pins, barrettes, or hair combs pin your hair up into a side bun or loose pony. Pin up styles can be done daily or last up to two weeks. Remember that the use of gels and hairspray can dry out the hair.
4. CURL IT UP rollersets provide a great camouflage for puffy roots and edges. Rollersets also can give you natural looking styles, like afros. These styles can last 2-4 weeks.
5. WEAR A WEAVE Sew-in weaves are probably the most convenient ways to wear your style during any vigorous activity. See a professional. Make sure that your natural hair is still maintained in the process. Most styles last up to 8 weeks.
Maybe now that you're equipped with a few new hair style options hitting the gym will be no problem. You have 5 style choices to choose from. You can switch between the 5 of them. Just make sure which ever one you choose, you choose to Get Fit!
PI am just a girl who loves her job (owning and styling at HUC!) and is pretty good at explaining hair to other people.
All Back To School Tips And Trends #blacklivesmatter Braided Styles Cancer Curls Curly Hair Care DIY Beauty Recipes & Extensions Hair Inspiration Hair Loss Hair Maintenance History Of Hair Lifestyle Natural Hair No-hassle Hairstyles Spring Beauty Tips Spring Facial Recipes Summer Hair Tips Summer Har Care Tips Units Wigs